AED/CPR: Automated External Defibrillator / Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CPR, AED and First Aid will prepare you to respond to life-threatening emergencies in multiple populations with life-saving interventions.
This CPR and First Aid course is based on the latest guidelines which focus on doing several tasks simultaneously as part of a group process that enables efficiency and minimisation of error. At the completion of this course, students will be prepared to take the certification exam for CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Understand the general concepts of Basic Life Support for children and adults
- Have working knowledge of the principles of 1 rescuer CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Be familiar with basic operation of automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- Be familiar with the algorithms for specific BLS cases
- Understand basic airway management
- Understand how to act to relieve choking
- Understand how to provide first aid for common medical emergencies
- Understand the importance of injury and illness prevention
Certification is dependent on successfully completing parctical assessment. Those delegates who complete the course, and are deemed to have reached the required standard, are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years.