EFAW: Emergency First Aid at Work
Our Emergency First Aid at Work Course is specifically designed to enable nurseries, schools and colleges to comply with UK First Aid Regulations.
Once you have identified your setting’s risk profile and first aid needs, you can choose the most appropriate training for your first aiders. If your risk assessment indicates that only emergency protocols need to be covered, then our One-Day Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is the ideal solution for you.
- ONE-DAY On-Site Course
- Fun, dynamic and memorable training methods to optimise learner recall, knowledge and confidence
- Managing an incident.
- The priorities of first aid.
- Dealing with emergencies.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Importance of a defibrillator
- Heart Attack and Angina
- Bleeding, grazes, splinters, embedded objects, amputated parts, knocked out teeth, mouth injury, eye injury, bruising, nose bleeds, objects in eyes, ears, nose…
- Burns and scalds
- Head injuries, concussion, compression & skull fracture
- Fitting and seizures
- Breaks, soft tissue injuries & dislocations
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epipen – can be added if required
- Common workplace injuries
- Contents of a First Aid Kit
- The aftermath, accident forms…
- Certificates valid for 3 years